Thursday, May 5, 2011

Love? Does it really exist?

We spend most of our life going crazy trying to find that one person who fits into our life. We go through partners and relationships hoping that the next person will be one to stay with you forever, but is there really that "one" person out there? Girls are more likely to go crazy then men are, we live our lives hoping to find the prince charming that'll sweep us off our feet and give us the fairy tale ending we all grew up reading. We (girls) put so much pressure on guys to change into the perfect gentlemen, the kind of guy who can support them and be their stable rock. Yet there are many guys who don't want to conform into this prince charming, they're all about getting money and fucken bitches. Yes thats fun and all, but in time they will have to settle down and make something of themselves, I know its scary but you cant possibly think that life is all about drinking, smoking, having sex with multiple partners, and only caring about yourself. Girls want the big wedding, with the even bigger ring, or the grand wedding dress that'll make other girls turn green with envy. We set such high standards which is good, yet it makes it hard for them to find someone who they can be compatible with. Relationships are not meant to be about the perfect guy, its about growing together and figuring out each others faults and overcoming obstacles together. Relationships are about growing and falling in love with each other everyday. This may sound all mushy and too lovey dovey, but it's true. I personally think that there is one person who was born to be with you, but there are others who can take his place and do the job as your soulmate.
Marriage is an expensive piece of paper, but it's a commitment that seems to terrify the whole male race. Its about raising a family and having a life companion. Can we say that this is easy? Hell no it's not easy, if it was everyone would be in a happy marriage with the one they love. I feel like people try and look for this person, but looking will only just get us someone who isnt worth our time. Sending out positive vibes will get us postive outcomes in return. My friend always used to tell me to stop looking and just let it come to me, and I strongly believe that is true because whenever I wasn't looking, an amazing guy would come along and sweep me off my feet. Currently I am single, and I love it except there are days when I want a companion, but it's the thought of heartbreak that always stops me from pursuing anything furthur. I also enjoy my freedom as an independant girl who is not defined by a relationship. Pushing boundaries is what I'm good at, I like to see what guys are made of. Double standards do not exist to me
I watch girls go through tons of heartbreak, they deal with their significant other cheating yet they just turn the other way hoping things will change. Girls lets stop holding onto something thats not going to work out, just walk away cause believe me, there are good guys out there. I know guys don't want to be compared to others, so stop judging them before you get to know them. No one likes to be judged and perceived as something they're not. Stop making believe your relationship is amazing when it's not, cause the more you ignore it, the worse it is going to get. Pull yourself away before things get really out of hand. There comes a time when you have to call it quits, when a line is crossed and your own self respect should help you walk away. I know it's hard to let go of something that means a lot to you, but the heartbreak from a bad break up is worse. Its better to be single than having to deal with bullshit; being single is not so bad, it's a time for you to learn what you want and what you deserve. Being single is not the end of the world, you learn to love yourself again and gain your independence again, how is that so bad? Girls, don't be scared to let go, you only get one chance at life, so don't let a boy hold you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment